What is digital Signage?
Simply stated, Digital Signage is a broad term (also called in-store media, screen media, digital out-of-home, captive audience networks, place-based media, etc.) which refers to a variety of displays and media technologies used to replace traditional signs.
What are the benefits of using Digital Signage?
- Cost effective - by significantly decreasing or eliminating the cost of print media
- Powerful - delivering dynamic messages can immediately grab customer’s attention
- Instantaneous - messages can be changed quickly
- Informative - educate your audience with local forecasts, emergency bulletins, announcements, local programming, medical and dental procedures, etc.
- Increases awareness and influences customer behavior with targeted products and services
- Enhances customer experience by entertaining customer while waiting for services, etc.
How are clients using Digital Signage?
- Display public information such as news, weather and local information.
- Display internal information such as corporate messages, health and safety issues
- Menu information
What technology is needed to use Digital Signage?
Typically, a digital signage installation requires one or more display screens (LCD or LED) along with one or more media players and a content management server. Along with the hardware requirements, software for the content is also required. This content can be a variety of media such as text, videos, audio, etc.